10 Codes of Good Practice
Indaver uses its ’10 Codes of Good Practice’ as a reference for the selection of the most appropriate treatment method and for the approval of third-party installations and logistics. Indaver expects from its employees, suppliers, partners and contractors that every action, operation, decision and practice will comply with these codes of good conduct.
Codes of good practice for sustainable waste management
- Act according to the correct interpretation of the EU definition of waste.
- Treat waste in dedicated and compliant facilities.
- Don't dilute waste, it's no solution.
- Guarantee quality, segregate waste at source.
- Organics: destroy if hazardous; recover energy and material if possible.
- Ensure that no hazardous components enter the food or product chain.
- Be transparent in the way you treat waste, ensure full traceability.
- Treat waste in state-of-the-art facilities using best available technology.
- Treat waste in compliant and sustainable recovery: no sham recovery.
- Comply fully with transboundary shipment of waste: no tool for eco-dumping.