Corporate social responsibility is woven into the fabric of Indaver's strategy and organisation. Indaver is results orientated, but for Indaver results aren't simply demonstrated by tables and figures showing financial growth. As a leading company in the field of sustainable waste management we want to create added value for our customers and for society.
We do that by protecting the materials chain and ensuring it is safe within the circular economy; and by recovering valuable materials from waste. For us, our contribution is only sustainable when three pillars are in balance: technology (the technology needed to safely treat waste and recover raw materials), economy (ensuring added value and affordability) and quality (high-value materials, a clean materials chain and safe treatment).
Indaver's key points for sustainable business practices
- Recovery of materials and energy: In the circular economy everything revolves around the question: how can you recover materials and organise production processes without loss of materials and quality? For Indaver, sustainable business practice in this context therefore means developing service provision concepts and technologies to recover even more renewable energy or raw materials from waste.
- Impact on people and the environment: We want to keep our impact on people and the environment as low as possible and to limit our ecological footprint, when transporting and treating waste. We are continually improving our energy management. We do everything we can to keep hazardous materials and substances out of the materials loop.
- Safety and quality: We invest heavily in the safety of our own people and our own environment. We do this by ensuring we have safe and operational facilities, good procedures, well-trained staff and efficient systems that permanently measure and improve the safety and quality of our processes.
- Sustainable purchasing and good management: Indaver's company code sets out the code of conduct for sustainable business practice for all staff. When working with suppliers, Indaver makes requirements related to corporate social responsibility and asks that they demonstrate how they are fulfilling them.
- Social commitment: Indaver supports social projects and good causes that are aligned with its core values and are good for the region in which it operates.
We publish an annual report on all of these efforts with our Sustainability Report. We want all of our results and the impact of our business activities on people and the environment to be transparent for our stakeholders. ‘Ensuring transparency in communications and actions’ is one of Indaver’s core values. We maintain a dialogue with our shareholders, employees, suppliers, clients, neighbours and environmental associations that is entirely transparent. The Sustainability Report is the final piece in this dialogue.
Indaver is continually setting up projects that promote its philosophy of sustainability.