We’re always looking for people who share our values and bring new ideas and experience to Indaver. We welcome your application too.
In the right-hand column you can click through to job openings in the other regions.
Indaver leads the field in sustainable waste management in Europe, with facilities and operations in Belgium, Germany, Ireland and the Netherlands. We take a long view, which is why sustainability is at the core of our business and also our company culture. Our trademark is delivering high quality, cost effective services in the municipal, industrial and specialist hazardous waste market across Ireland.
Our waste-to-energy facility in Meath is the first of its kind on the island of Ireland. We process over 220,000t of residual waste each year and produce electricity to power 22,000 homes annually. At our transfer station and solvent recovery facility we serve the large industrial companies in Ireland offering solutions for their waste.
As an Environmental Specialist, you'll be a member of EHS Team and responsible for helping ensure that the region maintains a good level of compliance with regulatory requirements. This includes the compliance of all conditions of the various industrial emissions or radiological licences in place for the business.
Role and Responsibilities:
- To be an integral part of Indaver’s EPA Licensed Facilities (waste to energy and transfer station with solvent recovery facility) as the Environmental specialist.
- To monitor, evaluate and report Environmental Data inclusive of incidents and complaints at EPA licensed facilities.
- Ensure continual certification ISO 9001, 14001 and 45001.
- Contribute to planning permission requirements (Strategic Infrastructure), industrial emissions licence amendments, reviews and ongoing licence and environmental compliance.
Experience and qualifications:
- 3-5 Years experience in an Environmental role similar to EHS roles in IPPC/Waste/IED licenced facility.
- Degree or higher in Environmental Science or Environmental Engineering or Chemistry.
- Strong communication skills; written/verbal.
- Knowledge of environmental compliance obligations of licenced facilities.
- Knowledge of air and water emissions and in particular experience of working to EN 14181 an advantage.
- Full driving licence and car must be available and must be able to travel to other locations.
Taking care of our colleagues is of most importance to us:
At Indaver we provide an excellent range of benefits to provide our colleagues with the additional support and flexibility to enable a truly enjoyable work life balance.
Our broad range of attractive benefits enable our colleagues to enjoy life at any stage while growing a career path, with benefits such as:
- Competitive Salaries
- Very attractive pension scheme
- Paid Private Healthcare
- Paid family leave
- Increasing Annual leave with service
- Paid Educational, study and exam leave to support further learnings
- Long service rewards
- Employee saver scheme
- Tax saver and Cycle to work scheme
- Paid parking
- Death in Service Insurance provided
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Supporting your work life balance
- Flexibility of working hours
- Physical and mental wellness e.g.
- Fresh fruit, running and sports clubs, social events,