We’re always looking for people who share our values and bring new ideas and experience to Indaver. We welcome your application too.
In the right-hand column you can click through to job openings in the other regions.
Production Engineer Meath
Indaver leads the field in sustainable waste management in Europe, with facilities and operations in Belgium, Germany, Ireland and the Netherlands. We take a long view, which is why sustainability is at the core of our business and also our company culture. Our trademark is delivering high quality, cost effective services in the municipal, industrial and specialist hazardous waste market across Ireland.
Our waste-to-energy facility in Meath is the first of its kind on the island of Ireland. We process up to 235,000t of residual waste each year and produce electricity to power 35,000 homes annually.
Overview of the role:
The Production Engineer of the Meath Waste to Energy Facility will support the Production Manager to deliver an effective Production Department.
The primary function of this role will be to liaise between Waste Planning and the plant to ensure efficient acceptance of deliveries. They will manage the day to day operation of the site-based Sub contractors. They will manage the efficient closure of safety issues and action items. They will lead lean projects for the Production team within the plant. They will communicate with EHS; and across all Production shifts, Maintenance teams and Sub-contractors.
- Responsible for the identification of safety issues.
- Responsible for the close out of actions in relation to both the Production/Sub-contractor teams onsite.
- Management of temporary subcontractors.
- Identification and organization of production trainings
- Prepare budgets for contractors on site
- Leading Production engineering projects.Ensuring efficient flow of deliveries to and from site.
- Managing the site logistics & Gate house team’s onsite.
- Initiation and coordination of external services for Production & Pre-treatment support activities.
- Coordinate the management of the Boiler Ash bypass bagging system.
- Lead in preparation/execution of small size and 3s/5s project activities.
- Improvement of the quality system by means of procedures, instructions, manuals etc.
- Coordinate, planning and follow-up of improvement programs towards an improved and more efficient production process.
- Coordinate with the Shift leaders to ensure all Procedures, RA, SOP’s and paperwork are up to date.
- Optimum amount of metals are recovered from ash.
- Coordinate with metals outlet manager to optimise metals recovery.
- Assist with the management and optimisation of cost drivers.
- Primary Degree in Engineering (Production, Industrial, Mechanical, or Chemical. (Ideally with Electro-Mechanics, Mechanics, Industrial Chemistry, Metallurgy, Nautical Sciences, Mining or similar industrial experience).
- Master’s degree is desirable, or aspiration to same.
- Proven managerial experience within the process industry.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in an industrial environment
- Knowledge of a second European language would be an asset.
- Knowledge of SAP or other ERP type application.
- Knowledge and experience with regards to High Temperature Continuous Process’ (metallurgy, power generation, cement industry, petrochemicals...) is desirable
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, Office 365 Sharepoint etc.
At Indaver we provide an excellent range of benefits to provide our colleagues with the additional support and flexibility to enable a truly enjoyable work life balance.^
• Overall benefits
• Our broad range of attractive benefits enable our colleagues to enjoy life at any stage while growing a career path, with benefits such as:
• Competitive Salaries
• Very attractive pension scheme
• Paid Private Healthcare
• Paid family leave
• Increasing Annual leave with service
• Paid Educational, study and exam leave to support further learnings
• Long service rewards
• Employee saver scheme
• Tax saver and Cycle to work scheme
• Paid parking
• Death in Service Insurance provided
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Supporting your work life balance
• Flexibility of working hours
• Physical and mental wellness e.g. Fresh fruit, running and sports clubs, social events