We’re always looking for people who share our values and bring new ideas and experience to Indaver. We welcome your application too.
In the right-hand column you can click through to job openings in the other regions.
Transfer Station Operative
Indaver leads the field in sustainable waste management in Europe, with facilities and operations in Belgium, Germany, Ireland and the Netherlands. We take a long view, which is why sustainability is at the core of our business and also our company culture. Our trademark is delivering high quality, cost effective services in the municipal, industrial and specialist hazardous waste market across Ireland. Our waste-to-energy facility in Meath is the first of its kind on the island of Ireland.
We are looking to expand their team to facilitate growth. This is an ideal opportunity for highly motivated individual who want to learn new skills and develop in their career.
As a Transfer Station Operative, you'll be a member of our Team in Dublin Port and be responsible for acceptance and storage of deliveries, processing material for recovery, and the loading material for transfer off site.
Role and Responsibilities
- As with everyone on site you will be trained to work safely and correctly, assuring a safe workplace for everyone.
- As part of the team you will accept deliveries and ensure they are stored and processed appropriately.
- You will check deliveries into Indavers computer programme within 24hrs of receipt and handle paperwork in accordance with procedures.
- Sampling, loading and unloading material for the sites Recovery Facility in accordance with procedures will be part of your role.
- As part of the team you will ensure containers are loaded correctly and the paperwork is signed off.
- Ensure the yard facility is kept clean, litter free and that all equipment is maintained and repaired as necessary.
- Participation in response drills and activities on site will be part of your role.
Experience and qualifications
- Leaving cert or equivalent
- 1-2 years experience in the waste/production industry or warehousing or similar role
- A forklift licence and computer skills are required
- Knowledge in the following areas is an advantage (DGSA, ADR / IMDG , SAP, Chemical awareness)
- Ability to work on your own initiative or as part of a team
- Verbal and written communication skills with careful attention to detail
- Computer skills an advantage